NCCSD Training Center
The NCCSD Training Center is your portal to presentations, mini-classes, podcasts and webcasts offered by NCCSD and other sources where you can learn more about the topics that you need to know.
We've arranged things by type of training, and identified the audience, but you can feel free to browse whatever interests you.
You can generally skim through these in a few minutes, but take all the time you'd like to explore these topics!
- Beyond the Blue Book: Exam Accommodations & Strategies.
- Prove It! What is Disability "Documentation"? Intended for students, but an important topic for everyone to know.
- No Disability Too Small, a training on temporary and "minor" disabilities
- A Home Away from Home: Understanding Housing Accommodations
- Fostering a Disability-Friendly Campus: What You Can Do
- Get Ready! Tips for a New Semester
Webinars, Webcasts and On-Demand Content
- Disability as Diversity Programming Toolkit: Postsecondary from the University of Arkansas Southwest ADA Center
- AHEAD Archived Webinars on technology, faculty, campus climate and a wide range of topics.
- Disability History Videos on YouTube. (professionally captioned; click CC button on each video)
Read & Watch
Videos, articles and other publications from a variety of sources.
Federally funded grant projects since 2008 that have developed resources for college faculty working with students with disabilities.
- NCCSD Technical Report - Disability Law for Higher Education (pdf) ; Daniel Greenberg
- "The Cutting Edge: Educational Innovation, Disability Law, and Civil Rights." ; Paul Grossman, JD, Hastings College of Law
- Campus Climate and Students with Disabilities; Wendy S. Harbour and Daniel Greenberg; Volume 1, Issue 2 (July, 2017)