Information for Researchers and Policymakers
This page is designed to answer general questions from researchers and policymakers. If you have specific questions that are not answered here, please contact us at email@example.com or toll-free 1-844-730-8048. Or use the search box below to browse the Clearinghouse.
To learn more general information about our research, check out information about research at the NCCSD, including our research briefs.
Also be sure to browse our easy-to-read highlights of new research studies .
Writing about Disability
- Information about disability and language issues, and proper terminology for people with disabilities
Statistics, Reports, Research and Policy Briefs
- General statistics about disability resource offices and college students with disabilities, including graduate students
- NCCSD research briefs on topics related to disability and higher education
- Programmatic and professional standards for disability services offices and disability services providers in the United States
- Research and policy briefs about disability and higher education
- Links to reports on transition and higher education by NLTS-2, the federally-funded National Longitudinal Transition Study-2
- The Annual Disability Statistics Compendium has general statistics about people with disabilities in the United States
- Undergraduate Enrollment of Deaf Students in the United States from the National Deaf Center
- Early Findings from a National Survey of Developmental Education Practices
- Information and advice about Institutional Review Board (IRB) applications for researchers studying disability in higher education
- Tips for planning and budgeting for accommodations in grant proposals
- Information about making STEM fields more inclusive of researchers and students with disabilities
- Scholarly journals publishing regularly about disability and higher education
Law, Legislation, and the Federal Government
- A list of commonly-requested policy briefs about disability and higher education
- A list of federal agencies and federally-funded national centers with an interest in disability and higher education
- Links to information about disability services and laws about disability and higher education