Resources for Career Services Staff on Campus
"Who I Am" (60 seconds, audio introduced): https://www.youtube.com/embed/M-KqKXrBswo
Employment of persons with disabilities continues to be dismally low, across all ages and educational attainment.* Career Services staff play an important role in reversing this trend through collaboration with Disability Services staff and other partners on campus, counseling students on topics like disability disclosure or job accommodations, and fostering internship, co-op and job opportunities. The resources below should be helpful in these efforts.
Resources for Students
Workforce Recruitment Program . One of the key recruitment and referral programs connecting federal employers with college students.
Careers and the Disabled magazine brings together advice and announcements for job seekers - a good resource for your office.
For Career Services Staff
- Department of Labor, Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) offers extensive, intersectional resources on diversity, equity, and inclusion for employers of workers with disabilities.
- Guidance from NACE - National Association of Colleges and Employers - Students with Disabilities
- US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission - Disability & Employment
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN) - The leading, comprehensive information center on employment of people with disabilities, typical accommodations and technologies, guidance, and consultation.
- 503 Compliance - Learn about the Department of Labor's enforcement of Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 from the National Organization on Disability .