Identity and Personal Issues
All of us have more than one identity and more than one way we experience systemic inequalities, so here are resources for people of different races, ethnicities, cultures, LGBTQI identities, and religions (listed in no particular order).
If you want to learn more about the origins of the term "intersectionalities", we encourage you to learn from Kimberlé Crenshaw , who created the term. Also see our other self-care and identity resources.
Resources for International Students
African American & Black Resources
- Black, Disabled and Proud website for college students
- National Black Disability Coalition
- National Black Deaf Advocates
- "Ramp Your Voice !"
- Divas with Disabilities Project
- The Steve Fund
- Virtual Museum Exhibit of African Americans and the disAbility Experience
- Information about Black men, disability, and police violence (this article has numerous links in it to other resources)
- Mental Health Mondays at the Extraordinary Negroes
Native American Resources
- The Native American Disability Law Center has a list of resources
- Sacred Circle for d/Deaf, hard-of-hearing and deafblind/DeafBlind Native people
- Did you know Native American sign languages influenced the development of ASL? You can learn more at Native American Hand Talkers Fight to Keep Sign Language Alive and Discovering the Secrets Behind Indigenous Hand Talkers
- A blog post by Marisa Leib-Neri discusses Native American concepts of disability, with a list of references
- Southwest ADA Center's Description of how disability law applies on Tribal lands
Asian American & Pacific Islander Resources
- Disability Visibility Project 's Asian American Stories
- Asian and Pacific Islanders with Disabilities of California (APIDC)
- Kay Ulanday Barnett maintains a list of resources that include several AAPI people with disabilities
- Bay Area Deaf Association
- Greater Washington Asian Deaf Association
Chicano, Latinx, & Hispanic Resources
- Women Enabled International
- UN information about women and girls with disabilities , including links to resources and organizations
- Deaf Women of Color
- Deaf Women United
- "Disability is a Feminist Issue " - an article in Disability Studies Quarterly
- Women with Disabilities Australia has numerous reports and resources on broad issues related to women and girls with disabilities around the world
- UC Berkeley's Division of Equity & Inclusion keeps a list of national resources
- Author Eli Clare keeps a list of written and online materials
- "Intersections of being Queer and Disabled"
- "I Had to Come Out Twice - as Queer and Disabled"
- "Disability Justice is LGBT Justice"
- Pride Events and Accessibility
- Forbes article on Pride Accessibility